Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Observations from MTSU
It's the first full day of KCACTF. Yesterday, entering the tiny half moon shaped blackbox for the first playwright/director meeting, I first surveyed the eclectic crowd. They were scruffy, mismatched, quirky looking people with unlikely facial hair. I felt at home, although there were more men than I expected. Based on my performing arts experience, I've come to expect 80 percent female populations at any seminar. My attention then turned to the lights. There wasn't a grid, just three concentric electricals bent to fit the crecent shape of the room. Four Par cans and a projector on the longest, back electrical. Some Fresnels on the second. It was a highly intimate space, and different from the other black boxes I've known. The minimalist technical atmosphere reminded me again that I've been deliciously, outrageously spoiled by good budgets.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment